I always find it hard to decide what to pair with dishes so packed full of vegetables, like the Mexican Vegetable Burgers I made last week. As the burgers were quite filling, potatoes or chips wouldn’t do. So the only other options was a salad or since it was a spicy salad with Mexican burgers – a salsa.
The broad beans, I’ll admit aren’t exactly authentic for a salsa however they worked well, and it turned out a really tasty way to eat them. Plus I liked the colours.
Tomato and Broad Bean Salsa
- 12 Yellow and Red Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 8 Broad Bean pods
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- salt and pepper to season
- pinch of chilli flakes
- fresh corriander (I didn’t have any but I am sure it would help a great deal)
- Double pod the broad beans (so they have been cooked for around 3-5 minutes and the thick white case for each bean has been removed.
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix well, serve.
Goes well with Mexican Vegetable Burgers.