As a side for my Steak and Potatoes dinner on Friday night, I made the best salad. Simple and tasty, the main flavour comes from having great ingredients.
- Selection of salad leaves
- Fresh basil leaves, I used around 5 tiny ones from the plant I have on my windowsill.
- 2 tomatoes, look for vibrantly red ones, or ones on the vine.
- 1 red pepper, diced.
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- Wash the salad leaves, basil, tomatoes and pepper. Rip the lettuce into more bite sized chunks, and tear the basil.
- Thinly slice the tomatoes, and dice the red pepper.
- Add the veg to a large bowl. Then add the vinegar, lemon and olive oil, thoroughly coat the veg in the dressing and serve.